So a lot has happened since I've last blogged. But most of you who are going to read this already know what is going on in my life at the moment. So I don't feel it nessecary to post everything to bring people up to speed in my life.
Last week David phoned me from work and said that a co-worker had brought a bunny and was going to take it to the SPCA if she didn't find a home for it. Now on the phone David sounded already in love with this little creature and he kept saying "It's ssoo cute and soo tiny." One thing led to another and David was bringing the bunny home over lunch to show me. After lunch was done the bunny ended up staying home with me somehow..I don't know..maybe I said we could keep the thing. I don't know the slightest thing about bunnies, I just know they poop a LOT (and that is still my view on them). I was very ignorant accepting to keep this bunny, but ooh was she cute. I let her hop around my hole house and she would leave her special presents all over. I assumed that she would learn where she was suppose to poop and pee after a while so it didn't matter much to me cleaning up after her. She looked so sweet eating lettuce and cuccumbers, plus it was SO cute seeing the bunny sniff and climb on Akele. Akele would watch her curiously and reach out to grab the bunny. I thought my family was complete for the time being. A baby AND a baby bunny..how cute.
We were told by people at Pet Smart that bunnies are very smart animals and you can train them very easily. I got some very good training tips from Jenna as well. I tried all these things and for some reason the bunny would just be hopping along and the poop would just roll out the back. She wouldn't even stop to see what was going on. I would have thought she would stop and sniff what she just deposited, but NOO she just keeps hopping, oblivious to the fact she just layed SEVERAL poops on MY floor!!! I got very frustrated with the bunny. So I gave up. I told David that we have to get rid of this thing. I know that if i stuck with it, I'm sure I could have trained the bunny, but I didn't want to put the effort into it. Not with a baby anyway. So we drove the bunny to David's boss' place. He has chickens, roosters, ducks and rabbits. So we figured what would another bunny be to him? He does eat all his animals (except the dog). So bunny could possibly be his meal some day..Ah the cycle of life.
That's my short week of having a pet bunny.
1 comment:
Hi sun
I'm so glad to see you back in the blog world. Hopefully there will be more posts to come before 2 years go by. Love ya
Post a Comment