Wednesday, July 18, 2007

SOLD!!


So here it is..we sold our house. But to me it already feels like old news. It's been sold since the 9th. But we are so extremely happy and we got what we were hoping for it. This house has done us well.

So to celebrate we went to my parents cabin this last weekend. One last hurray before buckling down and packing. We have to be out of our house before August 10th!

There is always fantastic sunsets out at Arlington Beach. Pictures never do justice.
The weather was absolutely beautiful and the lake was soo calm..it was just a perfect day out. So we had to go and tear up the water with the Sea-doo and make some of our own waves! It was nice to be on the Sea-doo and not having to worry about being pregnant and hurting a baby inside of me! I could really let loose and have fun! It was the start of family camp and to welcome the campers they had pony's for the little kids to have rides. It was so cute and such a good idea. Here Akele is meeting a pony for the first time. She loved it. I'm sure she just thought it was a very large puppy. But she petted it and stroked it's neck.

All in all we really had fun at the lake. Great weather, good visits with friends and family and Akele enjoyed herself too.Plus my mom was there too to help out and take Akele for a little bit so David and I could go out and have a fire or whatever. My mother is more than happy to look after Akele. You know I thought her excitement for Akele would ware off a little after she had been around for a little while. But my mom still is sooo excited to see her and spend time with her. Truly unconditional love..not just when she was a newborn. Annyywwhooo...

So we're back home and now we have started to pack! I was a little bit unsure how well I would be able to get down to business and pack having Akele around all day. But she is so good and she likes to help mommy! I feel pretty good about all the packing I've done already. I just have a little bit left to do and there's still 3 weeks left!! HURRAY! But today was a very emotional day for me packing. I would be putting items into a box and then I would think about how long those things are going to be packed away for. Then I thought about when I would be opening them in our new house how Akele is going to be so different and so much bigger! So I would just watch Akele play and talk and just try to soak up every little thing about her at this age. It was just very sad for me at times. For those of you who don't know..we're moving in with my in-laws, and we could be living with them for up to a year! I know...very shocking..but it's not something we really planned on or really wanted to do..trust me. But things just are not progressing fast enough with the lot we want to buy. And we have to own the lot before we can start having our house built! Oh well..I'm sure I'll learn many lessons living with my in-laws...many!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I am sure you will learn many lessons!! Cute pictures. I remember the sunsets at Arlington. They really are great. Glad you guys had some fun

kristin janzen said...

nice long blog!! that last pic of akele is so cute, it looks like the box is floating in the air! hope you are enjoying summer!