Well, I'm 22 years old now. It seems really weird to me. Sometimes I still think I'm this young 17 year old with no responsibility, but homework. But then I just look down and see my body and remember...no this is NOT what I looked like when I was 17!! But I'm trying to work on that. Georgie Mahan was at church yesterday and she looks absolutely amazing. She works hard! and I mean HARD! That's when I decided that I'm not going to look like how I want to without HARD work. Especailly cardio..which I hate. Put me in the gym lifting weights and I'd stay there all day...just don't put me on the treadmill!! So I'm going to start out slow and go for brisk walks around my block. I just can't start out jogging or my joints wont be able to handle it. Hopefully I can stay motivated. that's my biggest problem. So everyone keep tabs on me and make me!! haha
On a lighter note, I had a good birthday. My brother Kyle and his wife Maureen came into the city. They went to a wedding on Saturday. Kyle was asked to say the blessing over the food at the reception. It was a non-Christian wedding so Kyle was kinda nervous. But after he prayed for the food, everyone started clapping. I told Kyle that everyone must have been impressed with his geniune prayer.
David bought tickets to Delirium for my birthday! I'm so excited! I'm going May 13. It took a lot of hints for him to clue in to buying them. But I'm still very impressed, because the tickets a lot of money and I wasn't sure he'd be willing to pay something like that to see Cirque De Solie.
My mom and dad bought me clothes and then they bought me the best cook book EVER! I'm so excited to start using it. It gives you 12 weeks of recipes day by day. and then it breaks it all down for you. so for week 1 it will give you all the ingredients and groceries that you need to buy for every meal. How easy is that!
Akele was so cute with Maureen. She loved her and would laugh at her. Akele is the hardest baby to make laugh. I can only do so sometimes, but usually only David can. So for Akele to be laughing at Maureen, I was pretty impressed. She really liked Kyle too. Kyle would do his beat-boxing and other noises for her and she would just smile. I think she liked being held by Kyle too, seeing a lot more up there than she usually does with David and me.
The pictures above I love. The first one is of Akele sitting all by herself. She's such a big girl now. They grow up way too fast, and I know everyone says that..but they really do. I guess I'll just have to have another one here soon....
3 comments:
Hi Keri! You look just as beautiful now as you did at 17! Happy birthday! I hope you had fun at Delirium! Lynnel and I LOVED it!!!! Akele is soooooo cute and I'm happy that you got to see Kyle and Maureen! I miss having Kyle around! Growing up sometimes sucks, cuz everything changes! But usually most of the changes are good ones :)
Happy Birthday much belated!! Oh she is so cute. I love her dimply hand in the last picture!!!!
hey ... my husband Andrew knows your hubby, they went to school way back in the day (to Caswell i think) anyways, i found your blog thru Tanys and have to tell you how incredibly ADORABLE your baby is. wow! :) take care!
Post a Comment